What is Cardio inCode® and how can it help reduce your cardiovascular risk?
- Do you have, or your family have a history of, cardiovascular disease (total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, etc.) that may increase your chances of cardiovascular disease or a heart attack?
- Are you concerned that you might also be having heart attack symptoms ?
- Would you like to take control of your future health and any required medical prevention plan?
- Would you like to know your genetic predisposition towards having a heart attack?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, you should be aware that 50% of the likelihood of suffering heart attack (myocardial infarction) depends on your genetics.
If you would like to gain a detailed risk and insight to whether you may suffer a heart attack, it is essential to evaluate your genetics.
Classic cardiovascular risk factors such as age, smoking and eating habits are not sufficient on their own, as they only contribute by 50% of the likelihood of developing a severe cardiovascular problem. That is why it is necessary to combine information from both categories to accurately assess your level of risk.
With Cardio inCode® you can begin to understand your own genetics and the risk of developing cardiovascular disease!
Cardio inCode Score® is a patented genetic test validated in over 65,000 patients that analyses the 12 most important genetic variants in your DNA related to cardiovascular risk.
Thanks to Cardio inCode®, knowing your true risk of suffering a heart attack empowers you to determine which cardiovascular prevention steps you should take, their priority, intensity, and duration.
Cardio inCode® also informs your predisposition to developing classical cardiovascular risk factors such as high cholesterol, hypertension, or diabetes in addition to implementing cardiovascular prevention measures and treatment pathways appropriate to your level of risk. Cardio inCode® analyses up to 158 genetic variants in your DNA.
As cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death globally high priority should be given to the steps required to reduce your risk and in prioritising your future health and lifestyle.
Carrying Out A Cardio inCode® Test
With the help of your physician, you can easily carry out a Cardio inCode® test, following these steps:
Your physician orders a test from us, and receives the DNA collection kit
A sample of your saliva or blood is taken, and the necessary documents are annexed to it
The sample is sent to our laboratory for analysis
We send the encrypted results to your physician, who will arrange an appointment with you to discuss them
What are Cardio inCode cardiovascular prevention test users saying?
Thousands of individuals have already benefited from the Cardio inCode genetic test to reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack, and their cardiovascular risk in general.
Centres that use Cardio inCode for their patients’ cardiovascular prevention programmes
Their trust is the best guarantee.
Privacy and safety guaranteed
The privacy, confidentiality and security of your data are of the highest priority for GEN inCode. In compliance with the legislation in force, we use all necessary computer security protocols, including encryption, to guarantee the anonymisation and integrity of your health data.
All connections to our SITAB data platform are made under the SSL cryptographic protocol. The use of an anonymous identification code for the comprehensive management of patient samples, from analysis to the issue of the results, enables their traceability in a secure, confidential and 100% reliable way.
Cardio inCode® is backed by extensive scientific evidence. A sample of the publications:
These studies show that the genetic risk score of Cardio inCode® is associated with the risk of presenting a coronary accident. Therefore, the higher the genetic score, the greater the coronary risk. This way, genetics enables us to identify those individuals with coronary risk higher than it would be based only on their classical risk factors.
- “Iribarren C et al. Clinical utility of multimarker genetic risk scores for prediction of incident heart disease. A cohort study among over 51000 individuals of European ancestry. Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2016; 9: 531-540”
- “Lluis-Ganella C et al. Assessment of the value of a genetic risk score in improving the estimation of coronary risk. Atherosclerosis 2012; 222: 456-463”
- “Lluis-Ganella C et al. Additive effects of multiple genetic variants on the risk of coronary artery disease. Rev Esp Cardiol 2010; 63 (8): 925-33”
- ” Iribarren C et al. Weighted multi-marker genetic risk scores for incident coronary heart disease among individuals of African, Latino and East-Asian ancestry. Scientific Reports 2018; 8: 6853″
For more information
Complete the following form, and we will contact you soon to provide more information, without any obligation on your part.