HCPC REGISTERED CLINICAL SCIENTIST (GENETICS)
FULL / PART TIME (Neg) HCPC REGISTERED CLINICAL SCIENTIST (GENETICS) – GENETIC TESTING, BIOTECH ORGANISATION, SALARY NEG DEPENDANT UPON EXPERIENCE + BENEFITS
We are a leading Genetic Testing organisation seeking an experienced HCPC Registered Clinical Scientist (Genetics) to join our team on a permanent, Part-time or full-time basis (Neg).
- HCPC registered Clinical Scientist.
- First or second-class BSc honours Degree in Genetics or other relevant biological science.
- Postgraduate qualification (certificate of competence in clinical cytogenetics/molecular genetics) or assessed equivalent training and experience equivalent to MSc level.
- Significant experience as a clinical scientist in a genetics laboratory.
- Variant classification experience using current guidelines
- Satisfactory participation in Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Knowledge of principles of clinical laboratory genetics. Knowledge of health and safety issues pertinent to laboratory work.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of a comprehensive range of laboratory genetic techniques and their clinical applications
- Computational biology skills
- Liaise with internal and external agencies such as external quality assurance bodies
- Liaise and communicate with UKAS re the accreditation of the tests offered
- Process and be proficient in a range of diagnostic analytical techniques used in the laboratory. To check the analytical work of other clinical scientists and non–registered analysts
- Provide a high level of expertise in molecular analysis for detection of genetic disease/abnormalities and in the interpretation of complex test results using international guidelines and the use of internal online LIMS platforms.
- Be proficient in Sanger sequencing, the use of Mutation Surveyor, Alamut and other appropriate software and analytical methods/techniques
- Other duties (within your abilities) as and when required by the Management team and Clinical Scientists
- Permanent Role / flexible working patterns available
- As a Clinical Scientist you MUST be a Health Professions Council registered Clinical Scientist having previously worked in a molecular diagnostic laboratory and familiar with molecular genetic testing systems
- Experience in Cardiovascular Disease a distinct advantage
- Ideally Membership of a professional body, e.g., Association for Clinical Genetic Science
- Also, ideally Post-graduate degree in a Biomedical Science, with experience in genetics.
- Great attention to detail
- Good level of IT skills
- Good Team Player
- Neg salary subject to experience
- Working from home
- Excellent company benefits
- Leading Biotech organisation
PLEASE NOTE – ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
To apply for this post please email email@example.com