HCPC REGISTERED (GENETICS) CLINICAL SCIENTIST– GENETIC TESTING, BIOTECH
HCPC REGISTERED (GENETICS) CLINICAL SCIENTIST– GENETIC TESTING, BIOTECH – ROYAL BROMPTON HOSPITAL (RBHT), LONDON – FULL TIME, PERMANENT – BAND 7/8a EQUIVALENT, UP TO £52,000 PER YEAR + BENEFITS
We are a leading Genetic Testing organisation seeking an experienced HCPC Registered Clinical Scientist (Genetics) to join our team at the Royal Brompton Hospital on a permanent, Full-time basis.
- HCPC registered Clinical Scientist.
- First or second-class BSc honours Degree in Genetics or other relevant biological science.
- Postgraduate qualification (certificate of competence in clinical cytogenetics/molecular genetics) or assessed equivalent training and experience equivalent to MSc level.
- Significant experience as a clinical scientist in a genetics laboratory.
- Satisfactory participation in Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Knowledge of principles of clinical laboratory genetics. Knowledge of health and safety issues pertinent to laboratory work.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of a comprehensive range of laboratory genetic techniques and their clinical applications
- Ability to work proficiently in different sections of the laboratory.
- Computational biology skills
- Experience of staff training and staff supervision. Knowledge of technical staff training and associated competencies.
- Liaise with internal and external agencies such as external quality assurance bodies
- Liaise and communicate with UKAS re the accreditation of the tests offered
- Process and be proficient in a range of diagnostic analytical techniques used in the laboratory. To check the analytical work of other clinical scientists and non–registered analysts
- Provide a high level of expertise in molecular analysis for detection of genetic disease/abnormalities and in the interpretation of complex test results using international guidelines and the use of internal online LIMS platforms.
- Be proficient in Sanger sequencing, the use of Mutation Surveyor, Alamut and other appropriate software and analytical methods/techniques
- Other duties (within your abilities) as and when required by the Management team and Clinical Scientists
- Full Time Permanent Role
- Based in Royal Brompton Hospital, London
- As a Clinical Scientist you MUST have be Health Professions Council registered Clinical Scientist having previously worked in a molecular diagnostic laboratory and familiar with molecular genetic testing systems
- Experience in Cardiovascular Disease a distinct advantage
- Have experience in Quality Management
- Ideally Membership of a professional body, e.g., Association for Clinical Genetic Science
- Also, ideally Post-graduate degree in a Biomedical Science, with experience in genetics.
- Great attention to detail
- Good level of IT skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Live within a Commutable distance to Royal Brompton Hospital, London
- Up to £52,000 basic Salary, subject to experience (Equivalent to NHS Band 7/8a)
- Excellent company benefits
- Leading Biotech organisation
PLEASE NOTE – ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
HCPC REGISTERED (GENETICS) CLINICAL SCIENTIST – GENETIC TESTING, BIIOTECH – ROYAL BROMPTON HOSPITAL, LONDON – FULL TIME, PERMANENT – BAND 7/8a EQUIVALENT, UP TO £52,000 PER YEAR + BENEFITS
To apply for this post please email HR-UK@genincode.com