THROMBO INCODE REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
Thrombo inCode® Reproductive Health is a genetic test that evaluates the risk of thrombophilia-related recurrent pregnancy losses. It assesses a number of genetic variants, in addition to clinical factors to evaluate the weight of the patient’s thrombophilia profile in the pregnancy loss mechanism. The identification of patients with high risk of recurrent pregnancy loss due to their thrombophilia profile enables the application of thromboprophylaxis to prevent recurrence and increase the probability of achieving full-term pregnancy.
Additionally, Thrombo inCode® Reproductive Health analyzes the patient’s risk of suffering a venous thromboembolism, especially during pregnancy. In this period, thrombosis is more likely to develop due to the procoagulant physiological mechanisms activated in the prepartum and puerperium phases. Thanks to the recommendations of the results report, preventive measures can be put in place for patients at high risk.
GENES/VARIANTS ANALYZED AND ANALYSIS TECHNIQUE
Thrombo inCode® Reproductive Health analyzes a validated panel of 12 variants of the Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNPs) type in seven genes, identified in Genome-Wide Association studies or GWAs. It then applies two specific algorithms; first to calculate the risk of recurrent pregnancy loss and second, the risk of venous thromboembolism.
PROFILE OF PATIENTS
- Patients who have suffered recurrent pregnancy losses; in other words, at least two spontaneous miscarriages before the 22nd week of pregnancy.
Thrombo inCode® Reproductive Health is the only scientifically-validated diagnostic test that enables the study of the involvement of thrombophilia in the risk of recurrent pregnancy losses.
It has proven to have a greater diagnostic capacity, with a statistically significant difference in comparisons with the Factor V Leiden and Prothrombin variants. With Thrombo inCode® Reproductive Health, thrombophilic causality can be established in approximately 50% of patients with recurrent pregnancy losses.
- Soria JM, et al. Multilocus Genetic Risk Scores for Venous Thromboembolism Risk Assessment. J Am Heart Assoc. 2014;3(5):e001060
- Rubio-Terrés C, et al. Economic Analysis of Thrombo inCode, a Clinical–Genetic Function for Assessing the Risk of Venous Thromboembolism. Appl Health Econ Health Policy. 2015 Apr;13(2):233-42
- Páramo JA et al. Prediction of recurrent pregnancy loss by a new thrombophilia based genetic risk score. IJSBAR 2018;42(4):61-73
- Diaz-Nuñez M et al. Recurrent miscarriage and implantation failure of unknown cause studied by a panel of thrombophilia conditions: Increased frequency of FXIII Val34Leu polymorphism. J Reprod Infertil 2019;20(2):76-82
- Fernández Arias M et al. Genetic risk assessment of thrombophilia in patients with adverse obstetric outcomes. PLOS One 2019. doi:/10.1371/journal.pone.0211114
Send us your details and request through this form and we will reply soon.